Bialetti Moka Express 9 cup
Available in 1, 3, 6, 9 and 12 cup sizes. Most people will want the '9 cup' so that they can make 2 good coffees.
The Bialetti Moka Express espresso brewers were invented in Itality in the early 30s by Alfonso Bialetti, and are now imitated by dozens of companies.
The Moka Express espresso makers are designed to brew the sizes they are named after. Underfilling the pot to brew a smaller quantity doesn't turn out well - for example, don't put 3 cups worth into the 6 cup brewer. Coffee grounds should not be packed into the basket like an espresso maker. On that subject, the grounds should more resemble a drip-coffee grind than an espresso grind, as too fine of a grind can prevent water from passing through.
The body is made from Aluminum.
They are easily disassembled and hand washed and rinsed.
Total volume or number of cups:
- 1 cup = 2.0 fl.oz (60 mL) - an espresso
- 3 cups = 6.5 fl.oz (200 mL) - a small coffee
- 6 cups = 10 fl.oz (300 mL) - a regular drink
- 9 cups = 18.5 fl.oz (550 mL) - 2 regular drinks
- 12 cups = 25 fl.oz (775 mL) - 3 regular drinks